“”&noscript=1” />
 
jawad-shareef-_4O1lPe5BI0-unsplash.jpg

Frequently asked questions

How does payment work?


Multi-Day Trips: A deposit of 25% is due immediately upon confirmation. The remaining 75% is due and payable 30 days prior to the trip's start date.

Day Trips: Payment of the full amount is due upon booking.

Payment Methods: Get Out will send an invoice to the email address you provide for all payments. Payment may be made by credit card or by interac transfers sent to payments@getouttoronto.com.




What is your cancellation policy?


We strive to provide our customers with flexibility, especially in the current environment. As such all cancellations made at least 31 days in advance are entitled to a full refund unless indicated otherwise. Due to up front investments required for planning Get Out trips, cancellations made less than 31 days in advance are subject to a cancellation fee as indicated below. Multi-Day Trips

  • Cancellations made at least 31 days prior to the trip's start date will be refunded in full.
  • Cancellations made 15 - 30 days prior to the start date receive 50% back.
  • Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the start date are non-refundable.
Day Trips
  • Cancellations made at least 15 days in advance will be refunded in full.
  • Cancellations made 8 - 14 days in advance will receive a 50% refund.
  • Cancellations made less than 8 days in advance are non-refundable.




What happens if the weather forecast is not good?


Weather is a real part of any outdoors experience and our trips run rain or shine, although itinerary details may have to be adjusted in certain situations due to weather. If Get Out determines, at its sole discretion, that a trip must be delayed due to dangerous weather, Get Out will arrange with the participants to delay the activity to a later date. If a later date cannot be agreed upon, participants will be granted a credit for the full amount of the missed program to use towards another Get Out adventure.




Who will be my guide?


All Get Out guides are experienced, professionally trained outdoor trip leaders. We are highly selective and hand pick our guides based on a number of key criteria:

  • Technical Skills - including wilderness first aid, sport-specific expertise and certifications
  • Knowledge and Experience - we select guides with broad outdoor experience and a range of knowledge that can be used to enrich our customers' experience
  • Customer Service and Personability - your guide is not only there to make sure you are safe but also to act as your host and to ensure an extraordinary experience.
For certain components of our trips we may partner with other specialised adventure operators to deliver a unique experience. We carefully vet each of our partners to ensure that the safety and quality of the program delivered meets Get Out standards.




Can I customize my own itinerary?


Each Get Out trip is built around key experiences and activities to make sure our guests experience the unique landscapes, features and adventures the host region has to offer. However, we adapt the details of each trip to best fit the desired activity level, experience and adventure appetite of each group. Each of our itineraries can be dialed up or down to achieve your ideal balance between adventure and relaxation!